Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Believe in Miracles, I Live With One! By: Kristi Pena

Today is a special day for us! (Chris Peña, Justin Peña) This is the 2 year anniversary of Christopher's hospice discharge.I am continuously grateful for the abundance of blessings God has given to us. BELIEVE in miracles! They DO happen! Here is the post from the day we got the news ♥ My son's heart is CROSSHEALED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!






I am still sitting here trying to process the events of this afternoon. Chris got a call from Dr. Smith, the cardiologist, and my heart just dropped. The same for Chris. He just listened with the strangest look on his face and then asked if he could put doc on speaker phone so that he didn't have to try to relay the info, doc knows how I am about questions. Anyway, what he called to say was that he did not feel like our visit was finished yesterday. The whole subject of hospice recert. was heavy on his mind, so he went back and looked at Christopher's echo again. Then he had Dr. Gaines look also. What they have found is a very significant improvement on Christopher's heart. He told us that with his dx, Christopher is NEVER supposed to get BETTER in their opinion. He is floored by this and says that the Beta blocker can be attributed but there are still many questions. He wants to have Dr. Frasier from ACH, the transplant coordinator look at the echo also and get input. This was the same doctor who told us that Christopher would never live 6 months without a transplant and if we didn't do it then we chose to kill him. But he lived! Anyway, doc is waiting to see what is said from her, he is leaning towards NOT signing the recert for Christopher's hospice. He said that Christopher's function has improved so much that he is no longer hospice material. Again, I stress, we were told that THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE NO IMPROVEMENT WITH THE DX OF LVNC. Put NOTHING past God!!!!

Christopher is still sick and he will still be special needs,and be on a ton of meds, but my baby boy is HEALED in the name of Jesus Christ! This I truly believe and have had that faith the whole time.

Y'all, this is such wonderful news and I don't have the words to express how I feel. JOY is not enough. My child WILL LIVE! (this I already believed, but having the doctors back you up on it is just SOOOOOO huge)MY BABY BOY WILL SEE KINDERGARTEN,:) I AM LITERALLY IN SHOCK.

God still continues to bless us daily and I will not forget how much we have been blessed this day of August 13, 2009, this is a life-changing day for my family. We can now look to the future. I will never forget the lesson learned though, to live life to the fullest. No one knows when their time will come.

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment