Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Choose Life




Every day I stand amazed as I watch my daughter, Avery, laugh, play, and even breathe as she sleeps. Everything she does is a miracle. It's a miracle, because medically speaking, she shouldn't even be here with me. As I watch her, I remember all that God has done in my life, and I praise and thank him for it. I remember seeing her teeny, tiny little body wiggling around on the ultrasound screen for the first time. At only 18 weeks, she was sucking her itty-bitty thumb, and turning in a way that kept us from seeing whether she was a boy or girl. I thought then, and I think back now about how someone could have the opinion that she was merely a fetus. I saw her heart beating- she was alive, I saw her kicking- she was alive, I even saw the beginnings of her little personality as she wiggled, and hard-headedly kept us from knowing her sex- she was alive...a person with a soul and a spirit! As I watch her now, my heart begins to hurt for those who may have given up on God, or not known him in their circumstances, and chose to abort their unborn child. They may have lost their chance of an Avery in their life. Not to say, that every child in this type of circumstance would survive, if that were the case, the percentage of life wouldn't be so low, but the thought of taking that chance is overwhelming to me. We must never underestimate what the Lord our God can do if we ask him to, and we must learn to trust him even if things don't work out the way we'd prayed they would. In every heartache is a lesson, and a chance to become stronger and draw closer to God. Part of my starting this blog was to show that miracles do happen, and they happen ALL the time. Prayers are answered every moment of every day, and Jesus Christ is alive and well waiting on us to call on him. It's hard to believe at times, that it is possible for God to love us so much with all the mistakes we continually make, but it's true. In the depths of struggle, he takes you in his arms, and he heals you. The problem is, we have to let him, and we have to choose to follow his will and not our own. This includes, taking the chance that your child may or may not be born into this world. It includes understanding that if a child is born, he or she may not have the easiest life due to medical problems or physical ailments. What I can guarantee, is that there is a purpose for every life born or unborn. The unborn are able to bypass the trials and sufferings of this world with instant Heaven- joining Christ in peace, love, and serenity. Those that we are fortunate to have on this earth with us, are able to touch our hearts and our lives in a way that is unexplainable, even if it is only for a short time. Don't let any one ever tell you there is no chance, because as the bible says, all things are possible with God. By all means, Choose God and Choose Life.

Jesus looked at them and said, “For mortals it is impossible, but not for God; for God all things are possible.”

- Mark 10:27


but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

-Isaiah 40:31

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
-Romans 8:28

Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances , for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
-I Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment