Saturday, September 18, 2010

In the words of Matt Hammitt

This insert was taken from the blog Bowen's Heart by Matt Hammitt of the band Sanctus Real. As I read this, I couldn't help but remember how surreal it was for me to see my child's heart beating through her open chest. The things heart families see and experience are undescribable.
For more on his story, visit http://bowensheart.com/
God has already used them so much through their music, I can only imagine what greatness will come out of this experience. God is always at work in our lives, take note! Please continue to pray for this family.



The Following is From My Journal

9.17.10

This morning is the last time I’ll get to peer through the window to Bowen’s beating heart. I can’t believe, that in such a short amount of time, it’s become normal for me to look down at my son with his little chest wide open. A friend told me that I’ve seen too much, but I’m realizing that I might not see enough. Everything I’ve watched happen in this hospital, all the pain I’ve felt, is deepening my faith, strengthening my marriage, and molding my character. As I lovingly stared into Bowen’s eyes just before midnight, my face only inches from his chest, I thought, “this love is an awesome mess.” I know I’m not the first person to think or to say something like that. Many great works of art have titles that are reminiscent of those words. I believe it’s because tension is the place where the worst of life and the best of true hope meet to unveil our eyes to God’s artistic work of redemption. What a mighty and creatively loving God we serve. He allows us to know great pain, so that we can know the greater pleasure of trading it in for purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment