Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blankets for Batson!



This weekend I had the pleasure of sharing a bit of our story and my testimony with Disciple Now teens at Truitt Memorial Baptist Church. The girls participated in the Cross Healed Heart blanket ministry for Blair E. Batson Children's Hospital. As posted previously, these blankets are given to infant heart patients in PICU and/or expectant mothers carrying babies with CHD that may not have surgery right away. We started with material for 54 blankets, and the group worked so hard, that we completed 50 blankets to take to Batson this week!! A special thanks to Amy Martin for giving me the opportunity to do this, and Truitt Memorial Baptist Church for allowing me to use their facility, as well as donating funds for materials. Like I have said before, God has provided things time and time again to allow me to do this ministry in His honor, and I am so thankful for all the support that has been sent my way lately- it is truly amazing!

We worked at Truitt Memorial from 10:30 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. on Saturday.


Here is the table, set up with all of the materials we needed to make blankets, along with a sign in sheet for my scrapbook.



This is one of my wonderful students at PUE, Victoria Lawrence. Victoria is an ace at making these blankets, and gave up her time on a Saturday (in between soccer games) to come help me with this project. She even makes blankets for me in her spare time at home. She has such a big heart, and I appreciate her so very much! I'd also like to thank her mom, Gena, for encouraging her to help and providing her with transportation- thank you Mrs. Lawrence!!



I gave the simple directions, assisted by my awesome helper, Victoria, and everyone got busy cutting and tying knots!













At the end of the day, we reached our goal of 50 blankets!



John 15:12
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

Hebrews 13:16
"Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God."

Luke 6:38
"Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

Philippians 2:4
"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

No comments:

Post a Comment