Saturday, March 5, 2011

CHH News

I am thrilled to announce that our first baby blanket delivery was made on Thursday, March 3, 2011! We donated about 50 blankets to the Heart Program, and donated $350 in honor of Pearl Upper Elementary (where a fundraiser was held in February) to the Mississippi Children's Heart Fund. I was so happy to bring my 5th grade student, Victoria Lawrence, along to Blair E. Batson, since she has helped so much by making blankets and sharing her skill with others. I know it was a wonderful life experience for her to meet our social workers, see the Radiothon in action, and even make her own monetary donation to Batson. While we were not on air, I was able to share our story with 96.3 D.J., Scott Steele. Come to find out, one of my doctors who delivered Avery, also delivered his daughters!

The Bluffs and Bayous, March 2011 issue is now out, with a nice article about our story and Cross Healed Hearts. I've stocked up on more fleece fabric (since it's been on sale) and have purchased more Sharpies and heart pillow fabric and supplies with money raised through the heart sticker sale at PUE and CHH hair clip profits. We have begun to work on more heart pillows already, and are making some larger ones at the request of our social worker. We've been told that the patients are loving our pillows, and that they are serving the functional purpose of stability and comfort through heart surgery recovery.

We've also begun another Cross Healed Heart T-shirt sale because several people began asking about them. The sale ends in mid-March, so please contact me via Facebook or email if you are interested! The cost is $15 for toddler sizes and $20 for youth/adult sizes- short sleeves only. I can even ship for a few extra bucks!

I'm constantly amazed at what God is doing in my life and the lives of others, and and totally excited about what he's made happen with this ministry. If you or anyone you know would like to share your story of hope on this blog, or are in need of prayer, please email me today at crosshealedhearts@yahoo.com.

God Bless,
Megan Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment